Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pshaw54

crossbow

8 posts in this topic

How much money are you willing to spend?

I don't know what kind of crossbow performance you're going to get for that kind of money. I spent $600+ on my first crossbow package 5 years ago and just last year, spent $1400 for a BowTech Stryker (the fastest crossbow on the market). The problem with crossbows is that they are considered firearms so you can't use it during archery seasons. I use mine during the general rifle seasons, pig hunting and also for hunting city coyotes where a loud BANG would draw alot of attention. A crossbow for me is just another method for taking game or predators. It's an expensive hobby too because you don't just have the crossbow to think about but the maintenance like cables, strings, pulleys, and cams that you have to take care of. Then you have the projectiles or bolts, as folks call them. They aren't cheap either. Good Luck with your crossbow purchase. Most good crossbows are going to cost you more than the $200-300 you are currently willing to spend. :signs1180lq:

hmm, i primarily want to use it for city yotes, too. low noise is good. any websites i can do research on? not planning on using it during deer season.

Cabela's has a bunch on their website. Type in "crossbow sales" in your search engine and you should come up with a bunch of sellers.