Iron Worker

Which press

7 posts in this topic

RCBS Rock Chucker OR Redding Boss?????????? Redding is $8.00 cheaper. They make awesome dies.

I just purchased a boss, it works well except the primer catch is held on with a magnet and I have not failed once to knock it off and spill all the primers on the floor. I don't see any way to improve on the design, your just stuck with it. That alone is not enough reason not to buy one though.

Actually, I don't use the primer attachment on the press. I use a hand primer and like it much better. I can sit in the living room and prime a lot of brass and have a much better feel on how they are seating. Just my 2 cents worth.

I recently purchased an RCBS Rock Chucker kit and I like it. RCBS has a lifetime gurantee on their products, just call and they'll send a replacement. I also use a hand primer so I can prime a bunch of cases while watching tv in the house or whatever.

Actually, I don't use the primer attachment on the press. I use a hand primer and like it much better. I can sit in the living room and prime a lot of brass and have a much better feel on how they are seating. Just my 2 cents worth.
Not what I meant. When you de-cap the primers fall into a little plastic box held on with a magnet, the box falls off. Save your self the aggravation and just let em go on the floor, then sweep them up, just kidding. :lol: I also hand prime for the correct feel.

Rock Chucker and hand priming is hard to beat. Rock Chucker is technically a stronger press and I used mine for many year to swage .224 bullets from spent .22 rimfire cases and lead pills I cast. It was hard work but the press never gave me any problem and is still tight as can be. B)