bzzrd feedr

Nosler's new 20 cal. 40 gr. bullet and 204 Brass

14 posts in this topic

Someone else with high quality brass for the 204 can't hurt. Heard it's supposed to be out this summer, then I went on midways site and there was the brass for sale, only .60 cents a piece ouch.

I went on midways site and there was the brass for sale, only .60 cents a piece ouch.
Now I dont feel so bad for paying .64 cents a piece for factory hornady rounds. :huh: Gonna have to buy some .204 dies. ;)

Now I dont feel so bad for paying .64 cents a piece for factory hornady rounds. :huh: Gonna have to buy some .204 dies. ;)
I would recommend Redding dies for your .204. :D

At a gun show about a month ago a friend of mine picked up 2 bags of Win brass, 100 in each bag for $0.13 cents appiece for his 204 Ruger... Guess he should have gotten a lot more...Frank

Exactly Heath.... After the show I had asked him why he didn't clean them out, and he stated that they would not take a credit card and he had already spent most of his cash. I told him he should have said something (to me) as I still had plenty of cash he could have used.In fact, I almost(key word) bought the rest up myself, but the only thing stopping me was I do not own a 204 Ruger (yet?)... As the jury is still out on which 20 caliber I want. BTW, has anyone read the stats on the 20PPC? Man, it looks AWESOME... Of course the price of brass might be a killer?!?!Frank

Frank,Have you seen anything yet on the 20 Practical? I was very impressed. Because the brass is a 223 case necked down it's got to be that much cheaper to reload than some of the other 20 caliber rounds.

Yes, I have Heath, and it is another great one for sure.... I have Todd Kindlers "Terrific Twenties" manual... He is the one that invented the 20 Tactical and probably a few others... It is sometimes called the Practical Tactical from what I understand and believe is the same one you are referring to?!And you are correct, it definitely has to be more affordable than many of the other 20's... I was very interested in the Tactical at first, and still am, but the 204 Ruger would be even more affordable and not much difference in performance/velocity etc from what I can tell ?!?!What impressed me about the 20PPC is its supposedly extremely accurate reputation. Being a PPC round that holds virtually all benchrest titles, this another line of great accurate rounds... supposedly! PLUS its HIGH velocity of 4400fps with a 33gr bullet with about the same powder charge as a 204 or Tac 20. Man, it just has it all seems like anyhow.... It's just that darn short, fat, cool looking brass that could be a pain in the rrrr's?Whew... would think I am a agent / salesman for the 20PPC, right?! LOL Anyway, just too many choices for my minature brain to soak in I guess? Fun stuff though!Frank

Frank,It was someone different than Todd Kindlers who developed it. I tried to find it for you but am coming up empty. Hopefully shooter John will see this and share the link with us.

Sounds good Heath.... I thought it was Todd, but guess not... anyway, will be interesting as to who it is

I've been to busy to call Weaver's. I'm sure it will be done when he's finished with it. :unsure: I wouldn't have a use for it right now anyway. :o

That's it... I do have that one and believe bookmarked somewhere?! Got it and Todds mixed up somehow. Thanks John