Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hutch

Need rings for a 10/22

7 posts in this topic

Hey guys/gals, my, niece got a new 10/22 for christmas, and wants to mount a scope on it. It came with a base that kinda looks like a picatinny rail. Can she use any brand rings? Looks like weaver style might work, she asked our local gun shop,but she told me that they weren't very helpfull ( probably because she's young and a girl ). Anyways, what would you people suggest? This is used as a plinking rifle.Thanks in advance

It takes a smaller base than the standard Weaver rings. The rings are made for the 22.

The older rifles came with a standard 3/8" dovetail that takes 3/8" rimfire rings. For the last couple of years Ruger has been using the Weaver/Piccatinny style bases, with a slot from side to side. If hers is "new" rifle(not new to her) then it should take any of the Weaver style rings.

If she has the OLDER type base, you can an upgraded Weaver version from Power Custom http://www.powercustom.com/10-22/parts_10-22.htmBefore Ruger saw the light, these are the bases we used. The old style ones are junk.

Thanks gents, this is basically what I thought, however always better to check with the pros. I'll take the my niece and the base to the shop with me so we can set her up.Hutch

hey hutch if they are just tip offs , I might have a set she can have . I will check for them . they might be missing a screw ???? Andy

I have 3 10-22s one with a 6x20 that is heavily modified and 2 with truglo red dots on them. the red dots are alot more fun and are only 50 or 60 bucks including the mounts. My kids will take the red dots over the scope 10 times out of 10