Fishwrestler

Finished my ecaller

7 posts in this topic

Ok This Site is the one I found when I first starting looking into yote hunting then found PM Used alot of their information on how to do this just thought I would share my post form over there. As some of you read when I started my e-caller project I was trying to use an old Portable PA system. Thanks to Lion Ho's advice I decided to scrap the idea but to still use the case of the unit as the project box. Well Last week I completed my caller with the car speaker like Lion Ho suggested. I could not find a way to mount the amp and the battery pack in the case. I was a little frustrated. So being as I am on spring break I started my search for anew projet box. After several attempts that all failed I start thinking maybe I will go with a horn instead of the car speaker, I know the speaker is better Lion Ho but it seems like alot of guys her have been succesful with a horn. So I pick a horn and start looking at ABS pipe but can't find what I want. Yesterday I walk into AM/PM and see their big old soda mugs. I was like damn thats like those bubba mugs someone used from Wally World. So i buy one and head home. I cut the bottom out so I can epoxy the the horn in. Then I mount the on/off switch a flashing led and input plug on the lid. I also use two nuylon nuts and bolts and mount the amp to the bottom side of the lid. The battey pack fits perfect. I still need to order a Nady I figure I will just velcro the unit to the side of the case. Here are a few pictures. I need to paint it still. The wifes said I should leave surf scene on it. NOTHey I just want to tell everyone here thank you for sharing your knowledge with out it I would have never though of this little project. Robert 6fe0368e.jpg62da845b.jpgb21567e2.jpg

That looks nice! Who would have thought that you can get "hunting" supplies at AM/PM? :huh: