Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
A17Shooter

Day's Squirrel Shot

9 posts in this topic

Had a nice squirrel shot today. 90 yds, held with the first MilDot and whacko. Hit a few others but, they weren't the clean kill that the first one was. Have to work on shot placement.

post-16-1233300051.jpg

Oh wow...!! 90 yards...!!! Great shot....my longest is 70 yards (Umarex 850 .177). Been practicing getting dope to get one at 80....A friend talked me into trying a shot on a squirrel lasered at 100 yards with my Disco.....very slight breeze from right to left...missed him by 2"...

Great shooting Gary. That can be a long ways when your ammo is not only fighting but powered by the wind. ;)

Oh wow...!! 90 yards...!!! Great shot....my longest is 70 yards (Umarex 850 .177). Been practicing getting dope to get one at 80....A friend talked me into trying a shot on a squirrel lasered at 100 yards with my Disco.....very slight breeze from right to left...missed him by 2"...
If you're within 2" just keep trying & you'll get the combination right. One of my many theories is that to shoot long you have to practice long. :D I could have had three times as many shots if I'd tried all those that were hanging out between 150 & 200 yds. ;) Tried a couple of those 150 yarders and got within 12".SJ, thanks for the comment. I was checking out the ballistics program, Chairgun 2, to get an idea of what holdover to use.

Gary,90yards! Great shooting :harhar1[1]: What kind rifle scope/ combo were you using?

Gary,90yards! Great shooting :signs1242cn: What kind rifle scope/ combo were you using?
The Eun Jin Sumatra 2500-500 rifle paired with a Simmons Whitetail Classic 6.5-20X 50MM Mil Dot scope. Have been using the Eun Jin Dome 28 gr pellet. It seems that the grouping with that pellet is not what I want at 100 yds.

YeeeHaaa!! 90yds on a gs with an air rifle!! NICE SHOT! :signs1180lq::signs1242cn: