joel1316

Newest Addition to the Safe!

Well, after some time of debating which 17HMR rifle to buy. I finally made my decision, at least I thought I did. I was looking at Savage, Marlin, Remington 597 and CZ, though I was pretty intent on getting a Savage. I went to my local gun shop with credit card in hand ready to buy the rifle that would be a squirrels worst nightmare. I ended up walking out the shop with a smile that couldn't be wiped clean by the rain and a giddy feeling of happiness.... The rifle I had just bought fit me like it was built for me. It pointed with ease and everything just fell into place. So I bought it........ 79646243.jpgI ended up buying the Ruger X-17 that was released by TALO. The rifle practically doubled my budget for a new 17HMR rifle! But I've never had a limited run rifle and as stated above, this has got to be one of the most comfortable stocks I have ever held (not that I've held very many). I know the Ruger 77/17 alone is overpriced for a rimfire rifle, on top of that add the TALO stock :( Well, really it was just one of those impulsive buying events, but I have no regrets about spending more. I've just have to sign up to work some OT for the next month or so to pay off this little puppy :)5a775a49.jpgThis rain really sucks! I don't even know when I'll be able to test fire the rifle.....

Ha... OK, smaller is easier to look at :)

Joel, I knew you'd love that gun. :( I sure wish they made a left handed version. :)
John,I second the left hand version. I'm looking for a left handed 17 HMR Savage this weekend.My 17 Mach 2 needs company. Anybody know who has one in stock? Also, does Savage make a 17 HMR in stainless with a composite stock. If not, can I bring my MP5 to Cedarville?Mike