Fishwrestler

A Little Help again

22 posts in this topic

Ok Went to my friendly FFL today and did not come away with a new gun. :( But came away with more questions. I think I am just going to have to make up my mind on this but a little more input may help. SO here is the deal I can get two different guns for about the same price. Which one would you guys say is a better set up. Keep I mind I am buying it for Coyote but will probably use it on some long range squirrel. Model 12FV ? with AccuTrigger?in a .223 it will have to be ordered.or Model 70, Laminated, Coyote, Brown , Stainless in a 22-250. I can not get this one in 223 and get thesame deal. I am lookign at one they have had in stock for awhile. or order a barrel and stock for my contender and save about 200 dollars. The wife tells me don't get any just give her the extra money. I better make up my mind and get one before the money disappears. Robert

I am sure slayer is going too tell you to go with the 22-250........... :P:( What is the price difference between the two. If it was me i would go 223........ :(

Personally, I would go with the Savage in a 223 :(

man that was easy I take it we have some .223 fans in the house Price difference is very very small like savage $25 less out the door.

I just bought the savage 12 flv on line in 223 for $515 NIB shipped. It is much cheaper to shoot if you don't have the time or equipment to reload like me. ( the L stands for left hand)

Being left makes us right except where wives are concerned. Mine just couldn't understand how I could spend that much on a gun and then she caught me ordering a choate stock and nikon buckmaster 6-18SF with target dot.

Gee, I bet everyone here would think I'd say Savage and .223. Well, you're right I would. :) Plus since Winchester is going under and not producing the M70 any longer another reason I'd steer clear.

I am sure slayer is going too tell you to go with the 22-250........... :P:) What is the price difference between the two. If it was me i would go 223........ :(
For sure I would go with the 22-250. That is the best round made for a coyote hunting in my opinion. But you can get what ever you want but the .223 would be cheaper to shoot. But any where you look your going to get the same anwser 22-250 for yotes.

Get a 204.
They are expensive to by ammo for unless you reload. Plus a .223 won't make such a mess unless you load it to. :lol:I thought you were a big .22-250 supporter there Spelling Bee Champ. :)

I would get that Savage. It will outshoot that M70 anyday. And that is what you want for them ground diggers isn't it, accuracy...Walt

<_<;) Went in today and ordered the Savage 12FV and a Bushnell 6-18 W/AO Should be here mid week then it will have to sit there and wait 10 days for me :rolleyes: Thanks for the input guys I appreciate it Robert

The waiting is always the hard part. Damned California!! :rolleyes:

Did you get the 223 or 22-250?
Stiff Neck I went with the .223 From what everyone said and what i read I think I will be more happy with at as far as an all around varmint and coyote gun. The price of the .223 ammo also played a big factor. Picked the Savage over the Winchester just because I have heard so many great things about the Savage Lately and I am completly happy with my savage 17 HMR I bought Robert