Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
300wsm

Need a compact scope for my mini 14

5 posts in this topic

I got my mini 14 shooting as good as it's going to get, (1.5''@ 100 yds.) now I need a compact scope maybe, 2-7x35 or something like that, are any of you useing a compact scope that you would recomend.,,Thanks,,300wsm

I am using a Nikon Team Primos 3-9x40 on Ironholder Ghost Ring mounts. Works great! The scope is fairly compact and has great resolution. Perfect for a mini-14. Went with the Ironholder mounts so that I could get the plastic handguard off without losing my scope zero. Works a lot better then those that use a side mount.Darren

I've used some compact scopes in the past, but was never really happy with them. While the smaller scopes looked appropriate on the rifles, I always felt as if I had blinders on. The smaller front end of the scopes did not work well for me.The one scope I do like is the Leupold 1.75-6 VXIII, a smaller scope that still performs.If you get a chance, look through the scopes before buying. A scope with less magnification will take care of some of the "field of view" shortcomings.

For good solid mid to upper range scopes I love the Bushnell 4200 series. They make a 1.25-4x24 Elite 4200 Rifle Scope which IMHO is perfect for a mini. There is also a 2.5 x 10 40mm which is nice also, little cheaper, little more power. For the money, you cannot beat em.

Both my mini14 and 30 are fun guns for me and not serious hunting guns I put weaver 4X scopes on both and found them to be fine for the gun.