Sign in to follow this  
A17Shooter

Hand Cannons, a different view

Well, I admire your wheel guns and them big bullets. Have a couple of those myself. But, for varmints, I do like my XPs and Contenders. xp100s.jpgThe burgandy one is a 6MM Rem and the blue-black is a 223.tc_17ah_p.jpgAs shown here the Contender is a 17 AH but, it could be anything from a 17 HM2 to a 44 Mag. Using the 17 AH barrel it has tagged prairie dogs out to 289 yds. :Dscope_647.jpgOK, one wheel gun, it's a S&W 647 17 HMR. Squirrels out to 75 yds are a lot of fun. :rolleyes: A17Shooter

I dig that S&W Wheel gun:Funny Thing, I took my 14" .223 Contender to the Squirrel shoot last year.Only fired 2-3 shot's :rolleyes: Put it back in the case and used my Rifle's, I thought I would really dig it for Varmint shooting.Didn't thrill me much, Don't know why :D Sold off the barrel, will replace it with a .357 Max and 23" .223However it will be going back to Cederville next trip as a .223 Rifle.

Is luke Skywalker missing those yet? :o cool shooting irons you have there.
Those aren't Luke's guns. I do have an officially designated "space pistol". It was named by my two daughters back in '84. It is a Wichita MK 40, with an aluminum receiver, a 13" barrel, a left hand operating bolt and a silver fiberglass stock. The caliber is .308, iron sights only. I used it for shooting Unlimited Class IHMSA Silhouette. Yes, it is a bit noisy. :lol: Gary

I recently acquired a S & W 500 Magnum from the S & W Performance Center, scope on the way. Here piggy, piggy. 6 inch barrel and tuned.SW500.jpg