Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zippy1970

20ga in skeet o x skeet u

6 posts in this topic

Hello all , I just came across a 20ga in skeet over skeet . It was cheap . I think so . But my gf can not / does not handle 12 ga super light dram loads so i figuered this might be an alternative for her . But what / where do skeet chokes sit on the choke chart ? tight , loose , ....? In need of help . worse comes to wrose I can sell it for what I paid for it . Thanx , Andy

Skeet chokes are almost as open as you can get. The only choke that shoots a wider pattern than skeet chokes would be a cylinder choke. Skeet chokes work pretty good at 30 yards or less.

From widest which is Cylinder then Skeet then Improved Cylinder to Modified to Improved Modified snd then the tightest would be Full choke.

Skeet I is .004" constriction and falls between Cyl and IC.Skeet II is .009" constriction and falls between IC and Mod.Is probably a Skeet "I".

You can't go wrong with the skeet choke, in fact 85% of my shotguns are choked skeet. When I was a kid one of my friends hunted ducks with a Charles Daly skeet gun and had huge success with it on ducks over decoys. It took a little longer for me to come on board with the skeet choke but when I bought a new Rem 1100 skeet gun my score on birds increased by 30%, I didn't need anymore convincing about the choke. In fact I had the chokes taken out of my browning O/U and replaced with cyl and skeet. I also have a rem 870 20 ga skeet gun that I love.