lilwes278

More animals & snow pics

17 posts in this topic

This guy has been hanging around for the last month or so, looks like he broke the other one off in a fight or...?MDGC0025.jpgSmall buck:MDGC0013.jpg'Yote still hanging around:MDGC0031-1.jpgBigger buck getting something to eat:MDGC0013-1.jpgMy buddy & I out in the snow checking the cameras & refilling the feeder:MDGC0038.jpg

Good pics Wes. Thanks. Looks like you should do some calling from that stand of yours.

Nope, those are steel toe work boots with my YakTrax strapped to them. The temperatures have been pretty cold, tonight is the warmest night we've had in a few weeks but it's still only 39* outside. I just got home from Klamath Falls and it was 22* over in Chemult. Add in a 5-10mph wind and it was downright nippy while I was out of the truck installing my snow chains. :rofl2:

It's a unicorn!
More like a uni-horn! :) Here's a better pic of him:MDGC0118.jpg

One of the largest mule deer I ever shot jumped up in front of me from below a ledge I was standing on. He had been bedded down and I didn't see him until he jumped up to run. I was holding my rifle at my side and fired a quick shot from the hip. I shot him at the base of his antler and blew the antler to bits. He stumbled forward and died of a massive skull fracture. Everyone said "What a great shot!" But I wrecked his antlers I was so mad. :)

One of the largest mule deer I ever shot jumped up in front of me from below a ledge I was standing on. He had been bedded down and I didn't see him until he jumped up to run. I was holding my rifle at my side and fired a quick shot from the hip. I shot him at the base of his antler and blew the antler to bits. He stumbled forward and died of a massive skull fracture. Everyone said "What a great shot!" But I wrecked his antlers I was so mad. :drool:
Bet he still tasted Yummy! :good: