Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zippy1970

Crow Magnum in .25

7 posts in this topic

Check out this auction on gunBroker auction #119019922 let me know what you guys think . I saw one in .22 this past weekend for 600 simalerly rigged . If I remember right , when they came out they were about 500 min . Andy

They are nice guns and they still are available as a Theoban Eliminator with a slightly fancier stock and a $1,148.00 price tag. They take a lot of force to cock and aren't scope friendly. But it is a .25cal and a nice gun. You can get more foot pounds energy from a PCP airgun but if you want a nice MAGNUM break barrel there it is.

It looks in very nice condition from the photos. Blue book has the crow mag I / II in 95% condition for $750, 90% condition $625/600 and 80% $500/450. Crow mag III $1,000/800/650 crow mag IV $1,150/950/750. I don't know what the difference is between the I/II/III/IV other than the crow mag I was produced btwn 1992/93 and the IV was the last one made btwn 2001/04. I don't know if that helps any but good luck...

I have the Theoben Eleminator in .25 that I got four years ago for $1100.00. I don't think you could get a more powerful breakbarrel. It consistantly puts out a pellet in the 26-28 fpe range at the muzzle. I hit a bunny in the shoulder at 30 yards and the rabbit did a 180. The only negative I would have to say is that the trigger could be better (a Rekord) for the price.

Hi Mackeral , what if you know , is the lb of your trigger ? I read a review of a 95 crow mag and the author claimed adj to 2 lbs . just wondering , Andy

Andy,Good question. Without a trigger pull guage I can only guess. I left mine on the factory setting. I would guess mine to be in the 4-5 pound pull range? When pulling the trigger it takes up slack pretty easy, then you come to a deffinate stop. It takes very little movement from this point on to release the trigger. When it does there is no doubt that the gas shock piston has let lose. I don't know how many different springers you own or have shot but if you have shot an airgun with a Rekord trigger you'd know what I mean in just how smooth the first and second stage of the pull on it was. The Theoben is more abrupt.Mc