Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
carspidey

Question about the Leapers 3-9x50 scope

31 posts in this topic

With regards to getting the most out of your Gamo if you want to do an upgrade that will run you about $30.00 and make a world of improvement for your gun, order one of the GRT III triggers from Charlie Da Tuna and install it. I found it pretty amazing how much better my Gamo 1250 grouped after droping one in and now have it installed on all of my Gamos and my Crosman Quest 800X. You can install it yourself and it takes only about 15 minutes.EnjoyMc
Can I ask why and how does that trigger help?If you always shoot from a stand, does it help? Sorry to ask dumb questions...

By the way, you didn't ask about pellets, but I found that Gamo really liked RWS Meisterklugens. My friend to whom I sold the Gamo has whacked 7 pigeons off his roof with those flat-headed Meisters at about 25 yards and it kicks the snot outta them with a good chest or center back shot. Several dead on the spot and a few initial fly-aways that hit the ground 20-30 feet later. Happy shooting,RA
When i bought the rifle, i bought 1000 pellets (4 kinds), match, hunter, and two others... So far I've only shot the match ones... and they seem to be working pretty good... i'll try the RWS and let you guys know how it went...Question, is there any way I can damage the rifle or spring if i use the wrong kind of pellets, or maybe too heavy pellets?

If to light,say under 5 gr you could damage the breech as the piston would slam harder(less resistance)...going with heavy pellets may just shorten "life" of the main spring...In the .177 cal I'd stay with 6.9 gr to 10.2 gr....think 7.9 gr in .177 is considered the "standard" pellet weight...

Can I ask why and how does that trigger help?If you always shoot from a stand, does it help? Sorry to ask dumb questions...
Not dumb questions. I copied this explanation strait from Charlies website. He explains it better than I can.The GRT-III trigger blade dramatically changes the ergonomics (something that trigger mods cannot do) as well as the internal geometry of the original Gamo trigger and converts it from a pseudo-2-stage trigger to a true 2-stage geometry while simultaneously drastically reducing the pull weight and without compromising the safety of the trigger. The ergonomic design change greatly enhances the trigger with a far more controlled trigger pull. Together they provide more accuracy, consistency and a vastly improved firing cycle, something that simple trigger mods cannot do.From my experience all he says here is true. I never really knew how much of a difference a trigger could make with regards to accuracy until I installed one of charlies triggers into my Gamo 1250. I would say it just about cut my groupings in half. Since replacing the GRTIII trigger adresses the trigger pull, ergonomics, and wobblyness of the gamo trigger, I can't imagine how it wouldn't improve your accuracy even if you only shoot from a stand.

Cool! THanks a lot for the explanation...It makes sense though, i mean the less you pull the trigger (or less force pulling the trigger) the less you kinda move the rifle...There is this website i was reading (i think it's called varmint al's... i got it from here) and he explains a little about this... not really how replacing the trigger helps, but how being able to control the trigger helps...So, again, thanks for the explanation...