Cranky Farmer

17 HMR ammo

50 posts in this topic

Midsouth Shooters Supply have Hornady 17gr V-Max on sale now for $7.86. I usually wait until it's on sale somewhere and buy a case. MidwayUsa is good too on occasion. But you really need to check them often for the deals. :rolleyes:

Thanks, good advice. I am going to order the left handed Savage model with Accutrigger this week. My thoughts were that I'd pick up a few boxes of ammo locally to see what it likes best before buying anything in bulk.

I have boxes of every ammo they make for .17HMR's and have tested them all in my .17's. I've found my Contender is changing it's diet on me. But I hope that Volquartsen Fusion likes Hornady V-Maxes because I have cases of them. :rolleyes:

Watchout ordering ammo from Midway, the shipping will caost as much as the ammo.Last time I orderd Bullets the shipping was more :lol: Cabelas has flat rate shipping. Not sure about midsouth, I think I'll check right nowas I need some 17HMR ammo.

A case/box meaning ten 50 round boxes of 17HMR ammo.
That's just a brick and I doubt they will.
Watchout ordering ammo from Midway, the shipping will caost as much as the ammo.Last time I orderd Bullets the shipping was more :lol:
That's why I said you have to watch because they have specials that include shipping at reduced rates.

I've ordered from Midsouth a few times since they've usually got the best deal. Cabela's price isn't too bad and they usually throw in one of those plastic ammo cans (they're actually pretty sturdy and nice) with each brick for free.

Cabela's price isn't too bad and they usually throw in one of those plastic ammo cans (they're actually pretty sturdy and nice) with each brick for free.
I had a bunch of those plastic ammo boxes from Cabela's. But I had taken a few to a friends garage sale and some guy saw them. He bought all I had, and I was going to throw them away. You can only use so many. :P:lol:

HUM, HUM:Throw them my way :lol:
I like the real metal ones with a real gasket not some peel and stick thing. I sold that guy ten of those for $5 apiece. He was happy and I was too. :)

Yeah that's it. I know they're not air tight, I just use them to store other stuff like fishing gear, backpacking stoves and camping gear, etc. Not bad for free.

Not bad for free.
They kick up the shipping weight, they're not free. :) But I always make them throw something else in that is free. :lol:

Cabela's doesn't charge by weight. :) They charge by purchase price.
Ok if you want to really believe that then you can. But if you by something heavy you pay for it. :lol:

But if you by something heavy you pay for it. :lol:
Cabalas only charges by the amount you buy, price wise.Thats why I started buying bullets from them.

charges by the amount you buy.....but if you buy sumthing's thay charge by weight...i pay $77.50 for 500RD's at my friends dad's gun shop

in terms of most ammo i go to sportsmansguide.com i buy my weatherby ammo there which is usually $50-60 bucks a box and there it's only $25-30 but as far as 17hmr i'm not sure but i'd recommend checking.

Hey Guys -This past Thursday in the Sac Bee, Wildsports in Orangevale had a coupon special, $6.99 a box, 10 box limit. Well I was in the area on Friday and walked out with my brick. If you could find a paper, you still may be able to get that price. Not too long ago, I bought a 2000 round case from Midway, delivered is was $318 on the doorstep.Mike

You may want to take a look at www.grafs.com, as they have the 17HMR for less than $10 a box and free shipping. Don't know if there is a break on bricks or not. Didn't check.

Cabalas only charges by the amount you buy, price wise.Thats why I started buying bullets from them.
Ok I guess you guys aren't getting what I'm saying. The reason Hornady .17HMR ammo costs $9.99 a box is because figure everything they sell and you're paying for someones shipping. Otherwise how can Midsouth on a regular basis sell the same ammo for $7.86 a box. Now do you get what I mean about paying for shipping. You pay more for everyones shipping. It looks good until you search for the price of what you are after in the first place. I go to Cabela's to look at stuff but I don't buy nearly as much from them any more. :) Archer, was the stuff you bought the hollow point because it often sells for under $7. I'm searching back for Thursdays add because that when it comes out. Thanks.

I got it John:I just try to ignore that fact.Its like going to Micky D's and getting a Double Cheese Burger for a dollar and then paying $1.65 for a medium coke that only cost them 4 cents ;) Just like needing that coke to wash down the burger, your going to need something to clean that barrel after shooting.They get it out you one way or the other :)

Holy Cow:I just stopped at Great Outdoors to a box of Hornady V-Max to try in my Marlin.$11.99 :D I don't think so :D Even the TNT's were $11.99These guys have got rocks in their heads.Needless to say I left empty handed.I was hoping to try some out before I made a big order from Midsouth.