aquaelvis

A heads up on the bullet button

36 posts in this topic

Remind me to get the facts first next time. Here's the skinny on what happened at the range on Dec 6th. The ATF was inspecting the range facilities and noticed that 5 AR-15 shooters were unloading and loading magazines in their rifles. One was using a 30 round magazine (Big No No). He is the only one cited from what I got from the range manager. The range manager called me back late this afternoon because I was concerned (called him all day yesterday) and he knows that I use the range all the time with my AR-15's and Rem R15. The 5 guys were approached by the ATF guys who suspected them of violating a CA weapons regulation. They were held for the Sheriff's who said the other 4 guys were not in violation and they got their rifles back with no citations. Only the IDIOT with the 30 round magazine is getting the shaft.I posted the Dec 6th story because of what I immediately saw when they were taken aside by the ATF guys and what looked to me like a citation book was being written on. Sorry for getting everyones blood pressure up and I promise not to post anymore harrowing posts. I almost wrote a post for calguns, glad I took my time now.

Too late, someone already cross posted it over there. You're famous now.

Whew! Glad to hear the ones with the BB and proper round mags were let go.I'll have to go over to calguns and see what they are saying. B)

The 5 guys were approached by the ATF guys who suspected them of violating a CA weapons regulation. They were held for the Sheriff's who said the other 4 guys were not in violation and they got their rifles back with no citations. Only the IDIOT with the 30 round magazine is getting the shaft. when you said they were held, you mean the ATF agent took the rifles from them until the sheriff inspected the rifles and determined they were good because they were using the BB????

hey guys i just read over at calguns about this topic and people were getting crazy, man can't believe it. 53 replies in 5 hours.some people there seem really angry, they need a chill pill

I don't want to me no stinkin' celebrity or master or whatever. I just want to shoot my firearms. How about we all just drop this subject and move on to something else. I'm taking enough heat for that post! Next time I see something like that at any range, I'm just going to pack up and leave and keep it to myself. Get too many of those and it will be like "crying wolf"!

Don't worry about it Fakawee. You made a mistake and you fixed it. No harm no foul. I just read the thread over at Calguns and they did get a little crazy. :D One post I did like in there though was about the fact that ATF inspected folks with BB and said they were OK. We have been trying to get the ATF to say that and they won't. This is the next best thing.PS, can I have your autograph? :):):smiley-funny-post-sign: J/KSo back to Elvis, did you ever check out your BB?

I don't want to me no stinkin' celebrity or master or whatever. I just want to shoot my firearms. How about we all just drop this subject and move on to something else. I'm taking enough heat for that post! Next time I see something like that at any range, I'm just going to pack up and leave and keep it to myself. Get too many of those and it will be like "crying wolf"!
cool ill drop it. no more replies on this thread after this one