Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PredatorMaster

~ Turkey Fryers ~

11 posts in this topic

http://www.ul.com/consumers/turkeys.html :crazy: Some safety tips: To help reduce the fire and burn dangers associated with cooking with turkeyfryers, follow this advice from CPSC and UL: * Only use turkey fryers outdoors; away from any building ormaterial that can catch fire; in full view * Make sure there is at least two feet of space between theliquid propane tank and the fryer burner * Keep children and pets well away from the fryer when in useand for several hours after cooking * Never place the fryer on wooden decks or under a garage,carport, or breezeway * Never leave the fryer unattended; monitor the temperatureclosely * If any smoke at all comes from the heating pot of oil, turnthe burner off immediately - this means the oil is overheated * Cover bare skin and use pot holders * Follow the manufacturer's recommendation for the amount ofoil to add; do not overfill the fryer * Make sure the turkey is completely thawed and dried beforeadding to the oil; water and ice crystals can cause the oil to splatter orspill over :)

Sure makes me glad I only use my turkey friers for brewing beer.LOL..Good advice, I watched a mishap a couple years ago and what a mess and what a fire. No one was hurt but it was spectacular....Walt

Yea boy, they're good and you can really fry your patio and deck area too! Just ask my brother in law. :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow:

We avoided the entire fire hazard by buying an electric fryer.Can only fry up to a 14lb turkey, but it is totally worth avoidinga fire that could take down the house and possibly the neighborhood. :harhar1[1]:

My wife and I make fried dough. Buy the frozen dough. Thaw/riseWe make 4 per loaf, roll outgently place in deep fryer with tongs, flip in 45-1 min wait 1 more min. They are great. Also I had used my turkey oil. Never tasted any diffrent than Fair fried dough.I have heard to drop in a potatoe to sponge up flavors. We never noticed. It was nice because we did about 20 quickly for my sons cub pack.I will bring a shallower pan so I don't have to heat a bunch of oil. Problem with standard size is you have to carefully drop in dough if your scant on the oil.

I used my turkey frier the other day, for the first time, to fry up 10 pounds of chicken legs and thighs. I seasoned up the flour prior to, and cooked for 20 minutes. OH, so good!!