Hylander

AR upper Decision ( Help )

32 posts in this topic

Forgot about the ring question. If your looking for tactical, heavy style rings, TPS is a great product. Looks like Badger, Farrell etc but a fair amount cheaper. Gets great reviews from the tactical guys on 308 and larger. I have them on my 204. Great rings for the price. TPSproducts.com you buy straight from Phil. Scott

Well I orderd the Upper yesturday, they had to build it and test fire it, and it is already on its way here. How Cool is that :P Now that is fast service ;) Although I hope not to fast :blink:As in QC

Forgot about the ring question. If your looking for tactical, heavy style rings, TPS is a great product. Looks like Badger, Farrell etc but a fair amount cheaper. Gets great reviews from the tactical guys on 308 and larger. I have them on my 204. Great rings for the price. TPSproducts.com you buy straight from Phil.
Scott, have you looked at the LaRue scope mounts? They do cost a bit more but they are rated the highest by law enforcement agencies because they are quickly removable and can be replaced instantly always returning to zero. They are really the only mounts that return to zero perfectly every time. I took mine on and off five times and it shot the same hole each time. Plus no tools needed just move the safety catch and flick the levers and you're off or on.LaRueSPR.jpg

That's the first model. I don't know why they haven't updated the picture. But both of my mounts have a safety catch or lever that keeps you from opening one of the levers accidentally. I liked the first one so much I bought a second in 30mm. ;)

They are very cool, just a little more than I would spend. And I don't really feel the need to have quick release mounts. I do see they could be useful in a variety of apps, just never felt the need. I do like the fact that Mark (??) LaRue is a big supporter of the Military. That always gets bonus points for me ;) Scott