Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
crazyhorse

Found some turkeys...but....

8 posts in this topic

I was driving into my new spot when i seen these turkeys along the road...checked my map,and they were just out of the Cleveland Nat'l Forest by almost 1/4 mile right near a ranch....so all I could do was snap this picture..(.Got a late start waiting for my friend to show up..he was an hour late...so rest of the week I'm going back in there alone...)Seen some deer later and my friend bagged some quail...but my day was history....just my luck...Turkey064.jpgTurkey065.jpg

Find the residents house and ask for permission. Take a copy of the regulations and show them airguns are legal and that's what you would be using. They may say go ahead. Most people aren't afraid of airguns.

Hmmm... I'll be out there again tomorrow at 4 AM this time....hopefully,I can catch one when they leave their roost....

The residents? :yikes[1]::smiley-innocent-halo-yellow:
Ya got me on that one... :popcorn: Asking a local to shoot on thier property is a good idea...but these flocks are moving....they may roost/roam in a different area tomorrow...been noticing this quite frequently....

Maybe during deer season if they're pushed. But I have a group that roosts in the same trees all of the time except when they go on "Walk About." Just like Crocodile Dundee they take off for a couple of months and head to the river over 5 miles away. I've seen them there and I know it's them because of the cream colored ones we have.DSCN04831.jpg

you mean "albino"...LOL j/k... that is an interesting bird John...never seen one that color before. I've seen a couple hens with beards, but never a light colored mocha one