Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RonB

Beautiful Country But Got Skunked (dog fault)

9 posts in this topic

I drove 2 1/2 hours down to the family property today. I went to see a sick relative and to work my Mountain Cur puppy and hopefully shoot a couple grey squirrels. It was a picture perfect morning, clear skies and about 65 deg.I hiked the whole length of our 147 wooded acres twice..(mainly followed my dog who was making way too much noise to hear or see any squirrels).I did see a couple squirrels when I was driving out of the woods..the dog was in the truck box and and not not sounding like a 5 year old kid running through dry leaves as fast as he can.I did find a ladder tree stand on a ridge. I left the stand alone as we allow one guy to hunt and in return he kinda looks after the place a bit. I'll have to ask him if it belongs to him , if it doesn't..its coming home with me next trip down. I can't abide a trespasser..specially when the owner of that stand cut a bunch of saplings to make shooting lanes on my propertyI had a great time anyway..that place is kinda magical to me. I can honestly feel stress leave my body the closer I get. Here is a couple pics of my Disco and the 1911 I carry, and a few of the property and my dog.Ronpost-3-1267152384.jpgpost-3-1267152389.jpgpost-3-1267152394.jpgpost-3-1267152400.jpgpost-3-1267152406.jpgpost-3-1280174610.jpgpost-3-1280174615.jpg

Nice pictures Ron. I like the wild dog picture there too. But that's probably why you didn't get any squirrels. It hard to get them when they see a MAD DOG running around. :roflmao3[1]:

Really pretty picturess. But since you dont' have your location in your profile, I have to ask, where the heck is this?

Its getting tougher around here. The last huge wind storm a few weeks ago pretty much knocked every nut out of every tree. The squirrels are gathering from the ground this year much earlier than usual.I am going to try a new place tomorrow morning early. It's only 10 acres and follows a creek I grew up fishing. I know the Skeeters there are the size of crows! LOL.... it used to be productive..we'll see..Thanks

You could always hunt the Skeeters! :smiley_turkey_pop_up_log: All of the squirrels out here are around my place. There is an animal rehabilitation center that just keeps dropping more targets, I mean rehabilitated squirrels off at the park area nearby. :smiley-funny-post-sign:

Really pretty picturess. But since you dont' have your location in your profile, I have to ask, where the heck is this?
Sorry, I didn't see your post.I live just west of Dayton, Ohio. This picture is from Pike County Ohio. It's in the southeastern portion of the state.Pretty rural there, not many jobs except for the saw mills. Beautiful place but, if I wanted to live there I would have to buy a compressor...no paintball or scuba shop for about 40 miles.

Sure some beutiful country up there, Nice Pics....... :signs1111cr: