Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
saeleaw n

Taurus

29 posts in this topic

Any complaint or dislike on the Taurus brand or the Taurus 45 are they bad because the price is so cheap. I have one in the waiting period thats why I ask

I have the PT145 and I love it. Great for a small CCW. Especially for the $300 I paid. :rolleyes:

We used to be an FFL dealer and Taurus was a very popular brand. I do not personally own one, but I have had positive feedback on the gun maker. The price is attractive and definitely a favorite amoung pig hunters. Good luck!!

I used to own a PT99 that I loved (never should have sold that one!) and my wife currently owns a 85B2 that has been an excellent gun (she now wants one of their "Judges"). Plus I've shot a "Raging Bull" and one or two other models over the years. I have been nothing but impressed with Taurus handguns, BUT last week I decided to give their Millennium 140BP a try at the local range. The gun was excessively loose, particularly the magazine. I know it was a rental gun and probably has had thousands of rounds through it already, but it didn't even compare to the Springfield XD45 that I was also shooting for comparison (the XD45 was also a well-used rental gun). Accuracy was not that great either. I understand it's a compact, short-barreled pistol meant for close range work but the XD easily outshot the Taurus even though they had the same barrel length. I even had my buddy who was with me put a couple mags through each gun and he felt the same way. Regardless, I still think Taurus makes a great gun and wouldn't hesitate to own one of their 1911 style pistols. I just wasn't impressed with their Millennium model.

Nice! Congrats! Now go get you some of these http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/46042-1.htmlIf you are used to standard sights, you will WANT to upgrade to these or something similar. I couldn't and didn't want to adjust to the 8 sights on the Taurus.

I just needed something cheap and NOT Heinis. ;) The Williams I linked to are as good in quality as the factory ones, and function like NORMAL sights. :DI have been thinking of getting the Trijicon's though. Just so many other things to buy. :) Besides if I need to shoot in the dark, it will be fast point shooting.

Could be the driver (or person pointing it) too! Remember keep your eyes open and squeeze the trigger. :smiley_turkey_pop_up_log:

could be, I'm not use to pistol I am going to give it more pratice but our local range is under construction. Thanks for the advice SJ

My gun shoots everywhere too. :) Everywhere I point it! :smiley_turkey_pop_up_log: Seriously though, lots of people have problems with these small Taurus 45's when they first get them. Typically it is a Low and Left problem. The low is caused by your sight picture being off. With high 8 sights, the front sight needs to be centered on the bullseye (as in completely covering it). Typical sights use the split method where the top of your sights are splitting the bullseye down the middle.Now as far as your ammo, what are you using?I typically use WWB target stuff and it shoots fine.

230 gr. form american eagle, it was cheap but I could use some recomendation for pratice but still will have to use nonlead in the fields

I just bought a pt145 all blue i heard good things about the gun and i am confident that it was a good buy... I will give an update when i bring it to the range...

230 gr. form american eagle, it was cheap but I could use some recomendation for pratice but still will have to use nonlead in the fields
Factory - CorBon DPX is what you need. Reload, you have no choice but Barnes XPB and I have posted a load on here for it.Darren

Never owned one or heard anything bad about them but my gunsmith buddy says he does not like the metalurgical process they use for making their weapons.

Factory - CorBon DPX is what you need. Reload, you have no choice but Barnes XPB and I have posted a load on here for it.Darren
Picked up me a box of thoes DPX 160 gr, 20 round for $35.00 now I can see through my pocket, would they shoot same as 230 gr

I use the 185 grain Barnes XPB in my .45. They shoot real nice, as good as the 230grainers. Pays to reload, as this is very reason I finally started to!Darren

I use the 185 grain B***** XPB...
Sorry, you use 185 grain what??? :D:nice_need_pics:

Find us some other Non-lead ammo, test it, then let us know. You may not like Barnes, but for the most part it's the only game in town for us Condor zone guys. It's like shopping at Wal-mart. I HATE that place with a passion. But, I'm not gonna buy the same stuff at Target for 30% more out of spite. (plus Target doesn't have Hunting stuff etc)

Shoot with both eyes open your dominant eye will take over just like shooting a shotgun. If I can find the shooting pie chart I will post it.It's a chart that tells you what you are doing wrong like if you shoot low left your slapping the trigger or right to much thumb pressure ETC. Those taurus pistols are nice and I like the price to.

ok PAY ATTENTION... i'VE ACTUALLY TAUGHT MORE THAN 5,000 PEOPLE TO SHOOT . LOW LEFT means you are right handed and are squeezing your hand AS you pull the trigger. w/o a gun , hold your hand out and squeeze your hand... aha !!! now you see... low left. GET THE GRIP... KEEP THE GRIP... PULL THE TRIGGER STRAIGHT BACK... DO NOT SQUEEZE ANYTHING !!! SLOW ...STEADY...SMOOTH...GRADUALLY PULLING THE TRIGGER STRAIGHT BACK. DO NOT CHANGE THE GRIP. You have to think about this. get a copy of PISTOL SHOOTERS TREASURY by Gil Hebard and read Bill Blankenships article. they used to call him The Human Machine Rest, 90% of hand gun shooters shoot low left and no one tells them what they are doing wrong, I just did. Go and Sin no more.