Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BullsEye

Skunk its whats for dinner!

19 posts in this topic

Ingredients * 2 skunks, skinned and cleaned * 1 tablespoon salt * water, to cover * 2 cups bear fat or lard * 2 egg yolks, beaten * 3 cups milk or cream * 1 1/2 cups flour * 1/2 teaspoon salt * 2 tablespoons baking powderDirections 1. 1 Clean and wash the skunks, making sure that the scent glands are removed. 2. 2 Cut up into small serving pieces. 3. 3 Put a soup kettle on the stove and add the meat. 4. 4 Cover with cold water and bring to a boil over high heat. 5. 5 Lower the heat and boil until the meat is tender, about 40 minutes. 6. 6 Remove all the scum that rises to the surface. 7. 7 Make a batter by mixing together the egg yolks, milk, flour, salt and baking powder. 8. 8 Mix real good until the batter is about like cake batter. 9. 9 Heat the bear fat or lard in a deep fryer to about 360 degrees. 10. 10 Dip the pieces of skunk in the batter and then fry them in the deep fryer until golden brown. 11. 11 Drain well and serve.

Ohhh Man that is just nasty... I can not picture being THAT hungry to look at a skunk and think ooohh yummy...

Remove all the scum that comes to the surface :):) Bet if you used coyote insted of skunk would be just as yummy mmm :)

I once turned down an invitation to a rat BBQ when I was in the Philippines. I'm afraid I'd have to pass on this one, too.

How about some of this?Bobcat1.jpgA couple nice lean cuts of meatBobcat3.jpgBacon makes everything better~Bobcat2.jpgLooks goodBobcat4.jpgA little Teriaki MarinadeBobcat5.jpgDelicious! Bobcat, it's what's for Dinner!!!!

How do we know its bob cat and not the tabby from next door ! Looks good any way.

maybe when the obama depression kicks in we might have to eat whatever is around...but until then... beef is better, thx

I just watched Man vs, Nature on TV. The guy caught a Skunk in a snare and cooked it up. To qoute him, "It taste like someone took your stake, rubbed it in dog feces, and popped it in your mouth." Now he didn't have any marinade, but even so, I think I will be passing on the Skunk.

maybe when the obama depression kicks in we might have to eat whatever is around...
If it comes to that I might actually try eating a crow. :signbummer8tl: