Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mackeralboy

Pellet Holder

9 posts in this topic

Tim over at Mac 1 showed this great idea for a pellet holder that can be opened and closed with one hand. It comes in pretty handy when out hunting. It basically is an empty pellet tin with a #51 Butler Creek objective flip cap on it, trimmed to fit. I took it a step further and glued some thin neoprene on the inside. This quiets the sound of the pellets rattling around the inside and somewhat protects them from becoming mis-shapped. I have made one for each of my 8 pellet guns. post-2472-1225132941_thumb.jpgpost-2472-1225132978_thumb.jpgpost-2472-1225133025_thumb.jpgpost-2472-1225133080_thumb.jpg

Neat idea!

That is just too cool. I'm gonna have to make one of those. Thanks for the tip.

That is a great idea...!!!..Ive tried a few different things for hunting...Altoid tins/foam and latest is the Crosman "belt" pouch....but wearing pouch on your belt deforms some pellet skirts,so now I wear it around my neck and that solved the problem..(using sunglass neck strap)Pellets015.jpgPellets016.jpgPellets017.jpg

On my single shot airguns I use a piece of foam velcroed to the top of my scope with single pellets poked into it like the Styrofoam above. It makes for fast pellet retrieval for follow up shots if necessary.

Now that's a good idea too. I got a butler creek flip up on the way and I'll make up some of the foam/velcro holders. The two of them will be very handy.

This is the pellet holder that I use, and all of my air gun shooting friends use also. It will hold hundreds of pellets, since I am right handed I heep the pouch on my right side. Pull the velcro top open and pull the pouch down to hang from your belt. Leave the pouch open and as you need pellets grab 1,2,3,4,5,etc. It is the best pellet holder that I have found so far. I dump a few hundred into the pouch and am off. The only draw back is when I forget to close the top when I get into my truck, some will spill out. This pouch is fast, simple, and pellets are not rattling to spook game. When done shooting, I reclose the velcro top and put the pouch in the gun case. Each air gun has its own gun case. I never leave the house without the correct pellets.http://straightshooters.com/general%20shoo...elletpouch.html