Cranky Farmer

First trigger adjusted!

9 posts in this topic

Well it took me all night to get it right, but I have adjusted the trigger on my Remington 700 and am happy with it. It is set at 2 lb 8 ounces and is pretty sweet if you ask me. I've done the safety checks so many times tonight I've got a raw spot on my thumb from pushing the safety so much! :D I can't wait to get out and shoot it now. Woo hoo !!! After 17 Remington gets here I may turn it down a little bit as well.

Right on I just did my first trigger on my 17hmr. I put in a rifle basix trigger a lot better than what was in that thing. I thought it would be harder but really easy I was waiting for springs and partys to go flying but they never did. :D

Right on I just did my first trigger on my 17hmr. I put in a rifle basix trigger a lot better than what was in that thing. I thought it would be harder but really easy I was waiting for springs and partys to go flying but they never did. :D
I told you that you could do it. :D

Ya I got it all done and went and shot it(at a coyote). I had to bring it back home and adjust it. But you know what I did and didn't even think about it I dry fired it about 7 times and I slapped myself on the back of my head RIMFIRE dumb @#$%^. So I took a look inside to make sure I didn't break my firing pin it look good and I didn't put no grove in there where the case sits. Working with my centerfire rifles all the time I didn't even think about it but all is well I hope I"m gonna go out and put some rounds through it as soon as this weather clears out.

I just did my first one on my Marlin 17 hmr. Used a stone, dremel with a polishig wheel and a cut down spring out of a ball point pen. Got it down to 31 ounces, huge improvement! I would like to reduce it a hair more though.

Be careful stoning any trigger parts, they are just case hardened and not very thickly hardened either. ;) What feels good today can quickly change to mush and an accidental discharge. :) The old days of real case hardening are gone. :)

I did the trigger on the 17 Remington today. It was factory set and nearly 8 pounds .... I turned it down to 3 1/2 pounds for the wife. Much better!

Well it took me all night to get it right, but I have adjusted the trigger on my Remington 700 and am happy with it. It is set at 2 lb 8 ounces and is pretty sweet if you ask me. I've done the safety checks so many times tonight I've got a raw spot on my thumb from pushing the safety so much! :angry: I can't wait to get out and shoot it now. Woo hoo !!! After 17 Remington gets here I may turn it down a little bit as well.
If you or anyone else wants a perfect trigger on a 700 contact Neil Jones. He does a lot of bench rest triggers with the 700. PM me for more info.

Thanks for the offer. I am pretty happy with the out come of mine, and since I dont do any bench rest shooting this home job will work perfectly for me.