ShooterJohn

Bushnell Videoscope...

10 posts in this topic

What? No Photo?db

Certainly not a bad price but rather one dimensional. All it would really be good for is the kill shot.

Has anyone tried one of these?
First time I've seen it. Probably be okay on larger critters, but for my kind of use I need way more than 5X magnification. I'm usually running my camera at around 30X on ground squirrels and prairie dogs. It's just a matter of time before they have rangefinding and recording capability built into scopes at a price the average guy can afford.

That for posting the link Gary. I was trying to post a pic of it and the phone rang and I guess I got distracted.I wondered about the low power. 5X just doesn't seem enough.

Seems to me that you'd never get to see the actual impact on anything larger than a .22. Just a boom and a quick look above the target.

There is a system that uses an optical splitter to provide a fiber optic feed to the video camera. It is probably a little expensive, since it was something the Israeli SWAT teams were using to coordinate their snipers. But, the recoil will always be a problem if you want to fully analyze the terminal ballistics effect. :D

Certainly not a bad price but rather one dimensional. All it would really be good for is the kill shot.
Hey Moe,You could always use it to take photos of the neighbors you don't like. :D:signs1180lq: db